Vellanki Foods - Paper sweet(Dryfruit) / Pootharekulu(Dry fruit) with Jaggery
Vellanki Foods - Paper sweet (Dryfruit) / Pootharekulu(Dry fruit) with Jaggery, Authentic Indian Sweet Recipe, Andhra Special, 100% Vegetarian, Available in 500gm, 1kg & 2kg Packets
Paper sweets from Vellanki Sweets are one of their signature dishes. The paper sweet from Vellanki Foods is also known as Poothareku; pootha means coating and reku means sheet. These sweets originated at the Atreyapuram village, which is located at the banks of Eastern Godavari. Serve these during pooja occasions, weddings or get togethers to surprise the guests.
Complimenting its name, the paper sweet is a transparent sheet of rice flour in several folds. It comes with a delicious stuffing of jaggery and dry fruits.
• Rice flour
• Cashew nuts
Paper sweets from Vellanki Foods isa slurpy, sweet Indian dessert. This coastal Indian sweet is filled with the goodness of
• Jaggery acts as a detox in the body. It is filled with antioxidants, zinc, minerals and selenium.
• Rice flour is rich in fibre and has less amount of folate. It is a gluten free food option which keeps the liver healthy.
• Cashew is one of the lowest- fibre nuts. These are good source of antioxidants, copper, iron, vitamins and minerals.
Vellanki Foods bring the authentic taste of this Andhra delicacy right at your doorsteps. Some of the exquisite features of the paper sweets made at Vellanki Foods are
• The paper sweets properly balance the sweetness of jaggery, nutty flavour of dry fruits and the simple taste of rice flour.
• The sweets are handmade and preserve the traditional homemade taste.
• 100% vegetarian and can be served on pooja occasions.
• Each sweet is individually wrapped so that these do not break easily.
• Available in both small and large packs of 500gms, 1kg and 2kg.
• Comes with a long shelf life of 15 days.
Paper sweets from Vellanki Foods can remain fresh and tasty for a long time period if the following tips are followed.
• Stored in an airtight container.
• Are refrigerated after unpacking.