Organic Kodo Millets - Nature's Original Super Food
In this age where emphasis and preference is for everything instant; be it shopping, eating, entertainment or any other thing, who has the time and energy to go through lot of shops and get the right supplements as per his or her body’s requirement. Relax! Mother Nature has the answer for you – It has bestowed us with this wonderful millet called “Kodo millet”. The Kodo millet has multiple health benefits ranging from being a rich source of proteins and fiber to minerals and vitamins. All you need to do is to include it in your regular diet to get that extra health benefit.
Kodo millets are primarily grown as minor crop in India, Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippine. It is commonly known as Ditch millet or rice grass. Kodo is a popular fast or ‘upvas’ food in some parts of India. Kodo millets are superior to rice, are gluten free and are a very rich source of vitamins and other minerals such as magnesium which is very essential for the proper functioning of the body.
Since Kodo millets are primarily grown in India, they are easily available anywhere in India but if you want to enjoy the health benefits of Kodo Millets in USA, then they might not be easily available in stores. You will have to order them on Distacart by browsing Kodo millet in USA section. This is the most convenient way of getting the goodness of this amazing food product while sitting at the confines of one’s home.
What is more, you can whip out delicacies like idli, dosa, upma, cookies etc also from this high-value millet. Many people even use it as a substitute for rice or wheat because of its nutritive values.
Health Benefits of Kodo Millets:
There are a lot of Kodo millets benefits. Let us have a look at some of them:
- They reduce knee and joint pain. Kodo millets provide huge relieve in knee and joint pain, a problem which is quite prevalent in middle aged and old people.
- Kodo millets help in Regularizing menstruation in ladies. Pre and post menstruation are the most difficult periods in a women’s life. Kodo millets are very useful for women who are suffering from post-menopause symptoms such as cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure and increased cholesterol. They help in management of these diseases.
- Kodo Millets is Anti-diabetic. Intake of Kodo millets reduces the fasting blood sugar and increases the levels of serum in insulin. The anti-diabetic components which are found in Kodo millets are ferulilc acid and vanulic acid which prevent the occurrence of diabetic.
- Kodo millets have very high percentage of fibre. Fiber regularizes your digestive system, aids proper bowel movements thereby flushing out toxins from the body. Thus it helps in weight loss. They are also known as anti-obesity millets.
- Kodo Millet is also known as anti-cholesterol and anti-hypertension millet. Kodo millets help in reducing the triglyceride levels in human body, meaning it lowers the bad cholesterol and thus protects your heart from any kid of ailments.
After knowing the multiple health benefits of such a tiny millet, one should start using them in his or her regular diet immediately. If you are wondering how to obtain them especially when you are based in USA or Canada, then just go to Distacart and type Kodo millet buy online to add this super food for your daily consumption. Currently the services are available only in USA and Canada.
Nutritional Value of Kodo Millets:
Per 100 grams grain of Kodo millets have the following nutritional value. It has about 66.6% of carbohydrate, about 353 kcal per 100 gram of grain. It also contains 1.4% of fat and 2.6% of minerals. The Iron content in Kodo millets ranges from 25.86% to 39.60%
- Kodo millet is rich in dietary fiber and minerals like iron which have anti-oxidant and anti-microbial qualities.
- If you are staying outside India, you may not find Kodo millets easily in stores. You can buy them on Distacart just by typing Kodo millets online to get them at a reasonable price and that too quickly.
1. Is Kodo millet good for diabetics?
The scientific studies have shown that replacing rice based dosas with Kodo millets have significantly brought down sugar levels in those suffering with Type 2 diabetes. So it can be safely assumed that Kodo millet is good for diabetics.
2. Is Kodo millet a carbohydrate or a protein?
100 gm of Kodo millet has about 8.3 gm of protein. So instead of taking any other protein supplements you can take this to cope up with the protein requirements of your body, as these are straight from nature, pure and chemical free.
3. Is Kodo millet healthier than rice?
Yes, not only Kodo millets are a healthier alternative but they are also farmer and eco-friendly as compared to rice and wheat farming, as they need very less water and chemicals and can grow in minimal fertile condition.
4. Does Kodo millets help in losing weight ?
When you take a diet which is a balanced diet, you are bound to feel energetic and geared up for burning up fats. Kodo Millets provide you with this balanced diet. Not only this, Kodo millets are very rich source of magnesium which helps in keeping coronary diseases at an arm’s length. They have super nutritious values too. You can place an order for Organic Kodo millets online which will deliver the product at your doorsteps within 24- 48 hours in perfect condition. Currently Distacart services are available anywhere in USA and Canada.
Product Id: 961651