Bengal Gram Chekkalu / Pappu Chekkalu:
Another speciality from Andhra, Pappu Garelu is a kind of lentil fritters or masala vada. These deep fried Indian snacks are an ideal companion on a cool or rainy evening, accompanied by a steaming hot cup of tea or coffee.
This packet of Pappu Garelu brings you the taste of India as it is made following the traditional recipe and comprises of high quality ingredients which include
• Chana dal
• Rice flour
• Fennel seeds
• Curry leaves
• Green chillies
• Coriander leaves
• Red chilli powder
• Fresh coriander leaves
Also known as Dal Vada, Pappu Garelu is crispy with the presence of rice flour and spicy with the use of chillies. Again these ingredients have some great health benefits, like
• This lentil is rich in healthy fibre and can lower the amount of bad cholesterol in the body. It is also low in fat and source of zinc, folate, calcium and protein.
• Rice flour is considered good for liver and can improve blood sugar level. It is also rich in protein, calcium and zinc.
• Green chillies are low in calories and also rich in Vitamin A, C and K. Green chillies may help in boosting immunity of the body.
• Red chillies can increase appetite and act as an anti-oxidant. It is rich in Vitamin C, minerals and capsaicin.
• Onions can also help in getting a healthy heart. The antioxidants in onion can make the immune system strong while its juice lowers blood pressure.
This packet of Pappu Garelu is a way to savour a tasty and healthy Indian snacks, while on the road or at home. It is
• Available in both small, medium and large packets of 500g, 1kg and 2kg.
• Though crispy on outside, this recipe makes the inside of Pappu Garelu soft, which easily melts in the mouth.
• Serve it as a starter, snacks or a side dish to a main course meal.
• Serve it with a spicy chilly chutney or sweet and tangy sauce to enhance its taste.
• To give Pappu Garelu a perfect Andhra taste, serve it with sambar and coconut chutney.
• Keep the Pappu Garelu sealed or in an air tight container to retain its crispiness for a long time.
So now enjoy the drizzles with this yummy Indian snacks without getting into any hassle of preparation.
Shelf Life : 30 days
Product Id: 631393